We've a new site website, this page is just as a historical backup.
Sail Fridays - every Friday
We're planning to sail as a fleet every Friday this season. We meet at Hamble River Dinghy Park at 5pm.We look forward to seeing you then. If you can it helps to contact me (Martin Holder) to let me know who's coming.
We've not yet finalised the calendar but:
- We're planning a number of group sails to various local destinations including Ashlett Creek, Bramble Banks etc.
- We'll also have a BBQ or 2.
- A number of people have requested more midweek sailing so I'll try to oblige.
- We'll take part in races organised by Warsash Sailing Club.
About the club
The club is mostly involved in dinghy sailing and keeps several dinghies by the Hamble for members to sail. We welcome beginners as well as experienced sailors of all levels.
In the season the club tends to sail as a group on Friday afternoons/evenings, and members also take the boats out for training and racing. There are also shore based winter training activities and various social activities. As well as sailing the club dinghies, some club members organise holidays to sail larger boats.
The club mostly communicates via a couple of Lotus Notes mailing lists, but will also be advertising events on this website (which will be expanded into proper site soon).
Membership fees are
- £55 per year for adult members of the IBM Hursley Club £50 if paid by end of April
- £5 per year for juniors
- £100 per year for adults who are not members of the IBM Hursley Club.
- £30 per year for student employees
- £30 per year for boat owners (discretionary)
- £10 one event trail membership - refundable upon joining
Our boatsCurrently the club has a new Laser Bahia, a Wayfarer, a Sport 14, and a Laser 1, which are free for members to take out whenever they like, provided they are not already booked out, and will be sailed by a competent helm.
ContactsSametime or email Martin Holder* with any enquiries about the club or this site.
*If you've not got bluepages access then firstname.lastname@example.org will get to me.